Recording Equipment: iPhone 4s (Voice Memo App)
Editing Software: GarageBand
I conducted my interviews while walking across campus as well as in my art class. I prompted each interviewee as to what I would ask and then I recorded them responding. After gathering each response clip on in the Voice Memo App, I e-mailed them to myself so that I could retrieve them.
- I downloaded each file and added it to my iTunes library.
- I opened GarageBand
- I clicked the music tab at the bottom right corner and dragged each memo onto the editing screen.
- I cut out any useless dead space or unwanted audio
- I grouped the pieces together first by setting up the question
- I grouped those responses about flowers together and then added the “Roses” instrumental on top.
I had to make sure that my song wasn’t louder than the vocals so I made sure to adjust the volume of both tracks.